Throughout the year, we hold human trafficking awareness events and speaking engagements, as well as attend other human trafficking events and meetings locally in Ohio. You’ll find below the ones we are hosting and going to that you can be a part of because we believe we are all in this together, and there is strength in numbers!
Check back regularly to stay current with an updated list of events.
September 24, 2022 | 9:00 AM – 11:30 AM
Walsh University Campus
Human Trafficking Awareness Event and One-Mile Freedom Walk: Join us for an event of local community education and action to bring awareness to human trafficking. Hear from a keynote speaker and a human trafficking survivor, followed by a one-mile freedom walk. We walk in silence for those who have been silenced through the tragedy of human trafficking. In partnership with Walsh University.
Our 2022 Plans
Community Awareness Events: We plan to provide education and partner with organizations at local events throughout the year.
Educate Students: We are working hard to get into our local middle schools and high schools so we can empower our youth and prevent them from becoming victims of human trafficking.
Educate Businesses: Each year we reach out to businesses in our community and provide opportunities to educate them on human trafficking. Whether in-person or virtual, we are working to spread awareness with business professionals to know the truth and the signs about human trafficking.
Collaborate: The heart of our organization is to work with local agencies, organizations, and officials so that we can make a bigger impact in our community and state. We have partnered with Walsh University, PATHS, Stark County Juvenile Task Force, and A21.
- January 20– Presented at Stark County Trustees Meeting.
- January 22– Presented and Hosted the Stark County High School Model United Nations event at Walsh University. Our community partners assisted in the education. PATHS, Rahab, Attorney Amber Zwick, and Attorney Megan Mattimoe.
- February 16 & 17– Educating on Human Trafficking 101 at Perry Middle Schools
- February 24– Educating at Be a Better Me Organization.
- March 16– Educating at Access Health Quarterly Meeting.
- May 7– Mucci Run for Freedom at Jackson Park 8:30 AM–11:30 AM
- May 20-21– Ohio WV Convention – Presenting with PATHS on Human Trafficking 101
- June 4– Canton Hall of Fame Women’s Race- NFS Booth
- August 22– Dinner Fundraiser at The Bistro of Oakwood 4:00 PM–9:00 PM [reservations recommended]
- September 9– Scotch Doubles Bowling Fundraiser at Park Centre Lanes
- September 24– Community Freedom Summit + One-Mile Freedom Walk at Walsh University 9:00 AM–11:30 AM